The Art of Organizing Hope
Sun 11.11.'1818:00 - 20:00THEATERZAAL
Europe is bursting with activist and hopeful citizens, but their actions too often remain under the radar. With The Art of Organising Hope we want to connect these islands of hope in Europe, in a way that they can inspire and reinforce each other. This is why, from 8 to 11/11, we’re bringing together eighty European changemakers in Ghent, for an alternative European summit.
On Sunday 11 November at 6 pm we will let some of the changemakers who come to Ghent talk about the future of Europe (and the world) in Vooruit. The thought-provoking, critical and hopeful perspectives they will bring are a must-see and must-hear for anyone who is interested in the project The Art of Organising Hope. Together we want to reflect on how we can make Europe a continent of hope and peace, exactly one hundred years after the end of the First World War.
• Ana Cecilia Dinerstein (Argentinië/UK): academic and activist
• Aleksander Matkovic (Servië): philosopher and political activist
• Lara Monticelli (Italië): sociologist
• Elia Rediger (Zwitserland/Congo): artist, singer and writer
• Marion De Schepper (België): High school student
• Anna Alboth (Polen): peace activist (Civil March for Aleppo)
• Leen Van Waes (België): peace activist (Civil March for Aleppo)
• Cecylia Malik (Polen): artist (Polish mothers on tree stumps)
• Anna Grajewska (Polen): art historian (Polish mothers on tree stumps)
• A Velha Capital (Portugal): collective of rappers and slampoets
+ footage from the four-day alternative summit